Skip to content
Getting to know you...
- Initial design and construction consultation with staff architectural designer.
- Listen to specific needs and wishes of client.
- Discuss client’s expectations.
- Establish preliminary budget.
- Sign architectural design agreement.
The design process
- Measure existing conditions.
- Develop preliminary floor plans and elevations.
- Meet with architect/designer to select finishes.
- Meet in client’s home to review design.
- Present comprehensive project estimate and specifications.
- Sign construction contract.
- Certificate of insurance.
- Detailed construction schedule.
- Employs full-time master carpenters and painters.
- On-site daily.
- Coordination of trades, deliveries, and inspections.
- Dust protection and daily cleanup.
- Respect for client’s home, family, and pets.
- Transparent communication between J.A. Smith and client.
- Comprehensive one-year warranty and limited five-year warranty.